Who Are We?
The East Kilbride Twins and Triplets Club was formed in 1997 when a local Health Visitor recognised that there was a large number of multiple births but no local support for the families. Because of this she arranged for a room to be available within a Health Centre and invited mothers of multiple births to come along.
The club, which is run by local families of twins and triplets, meets at Mossneuk Primary Community Wing in East Kilbride throughout the year on a Friday between 12 – 2pm plus one Saturday Club per month 10am -12pm (The club is closed on some public holidays, please watch the public Facebook page for any closure announcements and Saturday Club dates). The club is predominantly for expectant families/babies/toddlers through to pre-school age though older multiples and siblings are all very welcome.
How much does it cost?
The club is run as not-for-profit charity so all we ask is that members attending the club on a Friday make a £3 donation per family to cover the costs of the hall and lunch.
Why come to the Club?
We offer a relaxed and friendly atmosphere so new or expectant families of multiples can talk to other families who understand
Learn about how other families have coped with the challenge of multiples
- Share experiences and solutions to some of the tricky problems that present themselves day to day
- We understand how expensive multiples can be and have many members who are happy to pass on outgrown prams, cots and much more to new or expectant families.
- We provide a light lunch for the whole family usually consisting of sandwiches/fruit/yoghurt. There are kitchen facilities and high chairs.
- There is a large variety of toys, play mats, walkers, bouncy chairs etc to keep the kids amused so you can get that rare and precious bit of time out.
- We hold some themed Fridays to celebrate Easter, Halloween etc but we also organise annual events such as our Christmas party, our annual summer outing to Heads of Ayr Farm Park and days or nights out for our hardworking parents.
Visit the Contact page to get in touch or find us.
I Live in Westwood, East Kilbride and first time mum to twins Luca and Sophia. They were born prematurely at 33 weeks in 2013 and meant a stay of 7 weeks at our neonatal unit. We've been coming along to club since the twins were 8 weeks old and we haven't looked back!
Elizabeth is mum to nearly 1 year old twins Beth and Louis and older sister Alexandra. She is new to the EKTTC Team this year and joined EKTTC in Spring 2015
Frances WaddellCommittee Member
Frances is one of our Committee Members and is mum to 2 year old twins Holly and Chloe.
Lisa MillerCommittee Member
Lisa is one of our Committee Members is mum to 3 year old twins Munro and Camilla-Belle and to older brothers Harris and Lewis.
Frankie CameronCommittee Member
Frankie is one of our Committee Members is mum to 2 year old twins Elsie and Rory and to older sister Grace.
"The club made me realise I wasn't alone and gave me the release I needed to destress. It was also great that I could take my singleton son with me which was a lifesaver! "− Debbie Irvine
"The twins club has been a great source of information and comfort to me. It's good to know you're not the only mum facing the challenges of having twins. Some of the ideas and suggestions are fabulous. Everyone's so friendly and welcoming."− Alyson Kirkland
"I first came to the club when Jack and Quinn were 3 1/2 months old and was made to feel really welcome by everyone. I try and make the club a regular date in my diary and have made some good friends who I'm sure will be around for many years to come."− Leanne Prosser